Purchase direct from SIMS Software for value-added benefits.
Symbol LS2208 Digital Handheld Barcode Scanner (Fixed Station)
The Symbol LS2208 Digital Handheld Barcode Scanner is used to identify documents for various transactions (e.g., destruction, transfer, etc.). There are numerous benefits to purchasing direct from SIMS Software – our experts will program the scanner, install our data collection software, and ship directly to you. The Symbol LS2208 does not come with that application installed from the factory. The scanner is programmed to read a horizontal-tab character, rather than a carriage-return post amble.
Features of the Symbol LS2208 Barcode Scanner include:
- Wide working range: delivers optimal performance from contact to 17 inches (43 cm)
- Scanner Type: Bi-directional
- Light Source: 650 nm visible laser diode
- Scan Element Frequency: 50Hz
- Scan Rate: 100 scans per second typical
- Interfaces: USB, RS232, Keyboard Wedge, Wand
- Supported: IBM 468x/9x, Synapse and Undecoded
- Durable, single-board construction; meets stringent 5-feet drop tests.
- Plug-and-play with a universal cable. Rapidly deploy the scanner with a single cable connecting to any computing environment.
Recommended for use with the Symbol LS2208 Digital Handheld Barcode Scanner:
Barcode Labels – $0.05/per label (minimum order of 1,000)
- Choice of red or white labels.
- These labels offer more durability than Avery-type labels and adhere to folders for longer periods of time.
- Users can select their preferred numbering with no more than 8 alpha numeric characters.
Product Number: LS2208-SR20001R-NA
Gemalto Document Reader AT9000 MK2
The Gemalto Document Reader is a compact, full-page scanner that reads and authenticates multiple document types quickly and accurately, making it ideal for use with SIMS Lobby Management. SIMS Lobby Management provides structured security architecture for the incoming visitor process, with modules such as Incoming Visitor, Visit Authorization, and Conferences and Meetings. Available for purchase direct from SIMS Software, the Gemalto Document Reader can be used at check-in workstations to facilitate the following functions directly within SIMS:
- For ID image capture, MRZ & barcode reading, OCR, RFID and authentication (with AssureID).
- Scans documents in white light, infrared, and ultraviolet spectrums.
- An integrated RFID reader provides authentication of documents such as ePassports by comparing the RFID information with what’s printed on the document.
- Requires AssureID Authentication Software.
Recommended for use with the Gemalto Document Reader AT9000 MK2:
Product: AssureID Professional North America Authentication Software
- ID library used to capture ID OCR data; authenticates and validates government-issued IDs. Includes first year of maintenance (updates to document library and program enhancements).
- Provides domestic and international documents currently supported.
- AssureID recognizes Identity Documents presented all over the world; the highly responsive document repository continuously learns and grows adding new sources as they become available.
- Supports about 3,500 document types and growing – the largest in the industry.
Product: AssureID Professional North America Authentication Software Annual Maintenance Renewal
- Provides updates to document library and program enhancements.
Product Number: AT9000 75-0501-1839-9
To request a quote or purchase any of these hardware products, please contact SIMS Software at (858) 481-9292 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
ISO 9001:2015 Certified
SIMS Software has been assessed and certified as meeting the requirements of ISO 9001:2015 for providing development, support and training for software used in auditing critical assets of the US government, defense contractors, and emergency responders.