Tier II Technical Support
Job Location: Carlsbad, CA – on-site
SIMS Software has been a pioneer in automating industrial security information management since 1983. We are the recognized industry leader in the field, providing the U.S. Government and defense contractors with innovative solutions and systems. Our clients include all branches of the military, many U.S. Government agencies, as well as most leading aerospace companies and defense contractors.
Our goal is to create a superior product and customer experience in an engaging team environment rich in integrity, honesty, and respect. We value our company culture, and our employees are passionate, creative, diverse, and driven.
Why join SIMS Software?
We are an Employee focused company with a long history of employee tenure. World-class professionalism and customer support set us apart from our competition. Our continued success is dependent upon motivated and committed professionals with top notch skills, who thrive in a challenging, creative and team focused atmosphere. We are looking for high performing individuals to become part of our team that is committed to making a difference in our customers’ overall experience.
We are growing and looking for a self-motivated Tier II Technical Support to work in our San Diego, CA Head Quarters. Tier II Technical Support is responsible for assisting with basic to complex configuration and upgrades of our software suite and supporting hardware. This position identifies and resolves a wide range of basic to complex tasks and enterprise deadline driven projects/testing. Handles hardware/software for remote customer technical related issues including upgrades and implementations while working within the requirements of a metrics driven Service Level Agreement.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Answering phones, routing calls and email communications
- Diagnoses, identifies, isolates, and resolves Tier 1-2 and some Tier 3 issues utilizing historical database records and technical expertise
- Consistently and completely document phone and email support transactions, identifying processes and methodologies used to diagnose and resolve the customer’s issues within appropriate CRM tools
- Follows through to resolution assigned cases that range from simple to complex utilizing a variety of tools and internal company resources
- Ensures company established service level agreements (SLAs) regarding responses and resolutions
- Assist with configuring installs, upgrades, documenting issues, tests, and repairs software installations
- Maintains instructional documentation, provides training, and handles technical escalations for the SIMS Software suite
- Assists with technical projects from concept through resolution
- Collaborates with senior technical staff for resolution of complex problems
- Alerts management to customer outages, priority issues, recurring problems, and patterns
- Provides occasional after-hours on-call support
- Follows the departments’ standard processes for escalation and notification procedures
- Creates and/or revises existing customer technical release documentation, as needed
- Testing and delivery of internally developed SQL scripts to customers
- Must be available Monday-Friday 9:00am – 5pm with some flexibility
- This position requires exceptional analytical and time management skills partnered with a keen eye for detail.
- Well-rounded individual with both technical and functional training abilities
- Demonstrate a positive and proactive nature in their approach to all aspects of the job required
- Ability to communicate effectively over the phone, online as a presenter, and in writing
- Strong verbal, typed and written English communications skills
- Must be able to work with customers and vendors in a professional and courteous manner
- Organized and deadline driven with the ability to track multiple tasks simultaneously
- Candidates should have a client-first mentality and drive to exceed expectations every day
- Work autonomously with limited supervision as well as part of a team
- Must be solutions driven and take initiative to find the proper resolution to client requests
- Have a passion to learn, share and contribute to a highly creative and productive team
- Ability to quickly learn and use software tools required for the support position (HelpSpot, JIRA, Confluence)
- Ability to review support issues and tickets and determine appropriate course of action
- Ability to follow and implement detailed procedures
- Proficient with Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Quickly learn and use software tools required for the support position (JIRA and Confluence)
- Handle confidential and sensitive matters with tact and diplomacy
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft SQL Server and script execution
- Practical experience with Internet Information Services (IIS) and Web Applications
- Experience with Microsoft SQL scripting and data structures
- Use of SIMS Software in an industrial security environment
- Teams or live instruction, training, or security briefings
- Experience with JIRA and Confluence
- Previous IT or desktop support
- Experience with a variety of Windows Operating Systems
- 3-5 years of Help desk experience in Technology industry a plus
- Experience supporting SaaS Cloud applications
- CompTIA A and Security certification, not required, but strongly preferred
Benefits & Pay
- Comprehensive Benefits include 401K, medical, dental, vision, life insurance and 30-minute PAID lunch.
- Job Type: Full-time in-office
- Pay: $65,000 – $85,000, dependent upon experience
Cover letter and resume required for consideration.