Tier 1 Help Desk Support
SIMS Software has been a pioneer in automating industrial security information management since 1983. We are the recognized industry leader in the field, providing the U.S. Government and defense contractors with innovative solutions and systems. Our clients include all branches of the military, many U.S. Government agencies, as well as most leading aerospace companies and defense contractors.
Our goal is to create a superior product and customer experience in an engaging team environment rich in integrity, honesty, and respect. We value our company culture, and our employees are passionate, creative, diverse, and driven.
Why join SIMS Software? We are an Employee focused company with a long history of employee tenure. World-class professionalism and customer support sets us apart from our competition. Our continued success is dependent on upon motivated and committed professionals with top notch skills, who thrive on opportunity, and teamwork. We are looking for high performing individuals to become part of our team that is committed to making a difference in our customer’s overall experience.
** Cover letter, resume and assessments required for consideration. **
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Answering phones and routing calls
- Managing the support inbox
- Addressing and routing tickets
- Assisting customers with their functional and technical issues and requests
- Creating system entries for custom reports and scripts
- Assisting in product testing prior to release or delivery to customers
This position requires exceptional analytical and time management skills partnered with a keen eye for detail.
- Well-rounded individual with both technical and functional training abilities.
- The ideal candidate will demonstrate a positive and proactive nature in their approach to all aspects of the job.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and organizational skills are required.
- Must be able to work with customers and vendors in a professional and courteous manner.
- Candidates should have a client-first mentality and drive to exceed expectations every day. They should also be able to work autonomously with limited supervision.
- The ideal candidate will be solutions driven and take initiative to find the proper resolution to client requests and internal needs.
- Candidates should have a passion to learn, share and contribute to a highly creative and productive team.
- Candidates will have the ability to quickly learn and use software tools required for the support position (HelpSpot, JIRA, Confluence).
- Ability to review support issues and tickets and determine appropriate course of action.
- Ability to follow and implement detailed procedures.
- Proficient with Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Use of SIMS Software in an industrial security environment.
- Experience providing WebEx or live instruction, training or security briefings.
- Experience with JIRA, Confluence and SQL.
- Experience with IT or desktop support.
- Experience with NISPOM or Military environments.
- Experience with a variety of Windows Operating Systems
- Basic knowledge of SQL Server.
- Help desk support: 1 year (Preferred)
- Customer service or support: 1 year (Preferred)
- 3-5 years of Help desk experience in Technology industry a plus.
Pay & Benefits:
- Pay: $22.00 – $28.00 per hour
- Job Type: Full-time
- 30-minute paid lunch
- Dental insurance
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- Work Location: In-person, Carlsbad, CA
- Must be available to work an 8-hour shift, TBD, Monday-Friday, 6:00 am – 5:00 pm
- We are following OSHA and CDC guidelines for COVID-19.
- Physical Requirements: Prolonged sitting, constantly operates a computer, keyboard, mouse and telephone and occasionally moves boxes weighing up to 20 pounds. The ability to communicate information and ideas so others will understand.
Please send your resume and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include “Tier 1 Help Desk Support” in the subject line. Please include the following application question: Will you now or in the future require an employer to sponsor you for an employment-based visa/status in the U.S. (e.g. H-1B status)?
About SIMS Software:
For 40 years, SIMS Software has been the leading provider of security information management software to some of the world’s most renowned government agencies, defense contractors, high technology giants, academic institutions, and research facilities. SIMS Software helps security professionals centralize dispersed data sources to achieve operational efficiencies, government compliance, risk mitigation and visibility across their security domain. Our commitment to innovation and excellence has established us as a trusted partner for security-conscious clients across the globe.