SIMS v 7.21 adds significant performance improvements throughout highly used utilities and modules. Saving records in the Contracts, Documents and Personnel modules is up to an average of 45% faster compared to previous versions. High performance ‘grid views’ with additional filtering options replaced the existing ‘list views’ in the following areas: Document Streams, User, LDAP, and, Smart Card tabs in User Management, Contracts tab in the Host Facilities module, the Personnel Access tab in the Containers module, and the Access List tab in the IS module. The new SIMS v7.21 installers provide a smoother installation, better performance, and more installation options. Most notably, there is now a separate Database installer to better support customers with a dedicated database server. Similarly, the training videos have their own installer so customers do not have to download the video files if they just want the software.
Additional Major enhancements in v7.21:
- Added the Vendor column to the list on the Incoming Visitor Check Out dialog.
- Added a new Task List tab to the IS module along with a built-in incomplete tasks report to log actions and tasks. Track all actions required, responsible person, due dates and remarks for completed and pending tasks related to a specific IS systems.
- Added a ‘Document Reference Number’ field to the IS Module/Hardware record. This is phase 1 of linking Documents module hardware with IS hardware.
- Added the system option in System Customization/Messages to add an acknowledgment message and checkbox required prior to user logon.
- Added a “SAP” checkbox to the Personnel module Home tab.